Monday, November 1, 2010

Going to Church

Church was a given in our family when I was growing up. I never remember a time I did not attend church. There is the wonderful memory of when I received Jesus as my Saviour. I was 7 or 8 years old.  We had Children's Church with Uncle Jack. He and is wife were always there. They were so much fun! I remember marching around the room knocking down the walls of Jericho, I remember the missionary stories of witch doctors, I remember all the childhood songs, like Climb, Climb up Sunshine Mountain, When We all Pull Together, and Jesus Loves all the Children of the World." Still the best memory is receiving Jesus as my Saviour. I was so happy! He made my little heart so light. 
Another memory is when my sister and I had snuck out of church and went to the corner store and bought gum?? When we came back, my Grandma and Grandpa, were just pulling up. We hid behind some big rocks. Uh oh!

No comments: